- Online School
- Physical Workshops
This hands-on Abstract Concrete buttercream workshop will take your designer buttercream cake game to the next level! We will show you how to recreate DTC’s revolutionary concrete cake that has 230,000+ people in a cake frenzy on social media.
This is also a great chance to brush up on your foundation buttercream knowledge as well as practice your sharp edges skills. In this hands-on workshop, you will also get to experiment with abstract buttercream painting and create your own striking isomalt sail which is guaranteed to impress!
You will be working with real ingredients including the famous DTC cakes and buttercream. And best of all, you'll take your completed work home to share with friends and family.
*BONUS* Enrolment into our ONLINE Isomalt Decorations Course worth $42!
DetailsDATE: Sunday 27th October 2019
TIME: 10am-4pm (please arrive 15 minutes prior)
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate ( must have completed Buttercream Mastery (formerly Buttercream Basics - please refer to FAQ for more information)
MAXIMUM NO. STUDENTS: 9
* Please ensure that you are able to attend the above date as payment is non-refundable however, booking may be transferred to another name. Please read our full Terms & Conditions prior to booking this workshop.
- Refresher on DTC Buttercream & Working with Buttercream. How to render smooth buttercream and achieve razor sharp edges. This is a chance for you to get some extra practice and obtain feedback.
- *Bonus* DTC Red Velvet Cake Recipe! The easiest, most delicious Red Velvet cake you'll need to make. If you love the DTC Chocolate cake (which EVERYONE does!) then this Red Velvet Recipe is no exception. Using the same FIVE core ingredients as the base: eggs, sugar, thickened cream, self-raising flour, cocoa powder, there's NOTHING EASIER and more DELICIOUS.
- While we won't be going over the making of our DTC buttercream in this workshop, you will receive a copy of our delicious DTC Buttercream Recipe.
- How to achieve the innovative DTC concrete buttercream finish in under 2 minutes. Learn the versatility of the concrete design from the creator themselves. Yes, The Concrete Cake Began with DTC!
- Fun ways of creating abstract buttercream paintings using various tools and techniques. This is where your individuality will shine!
Modern Cake Decorating
- Our cake design process - how we start with an idea and arrive at a design.
- Isomalt fundamentals: how to prepare, work with, shape and store isomalt decorations.
How to make make the most striking marbled isomalt sail and install it onto a buttercream cake.
How to splash a cake with edible paint. What brands and products we use and how we use them.
Many tips and tricks throughout the whole caking process.
- * Bonus* Enrolment into our ONLINE Isomalt Decorations Course worth $42 so you can explore more fun ways of working with isomalt in your own time!
Please wear comfortable and closed shoes. Long hair must be neatly tied.
If you have further questions regarding this workshop, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be delighted to help.