- Online School
- Physical Workshops
Afraid of buttercream? You won't be ever again after this workshop, learning directly from leaders in the industry. This workshop will show you everything you need to know about buttercream and by the end of this hands-on experience, you will be equipped with foundation knowledge and the skills you need to be able to master and produce your own smooth buttercream cake with super sharp edges. From here with lots of practice the sky is the limit. Whether you are a beginner or has experience, this is the foundation class you absolutely need in order to advance and take your cake game to the next level.
You will be working with real ingredients including the famous DTC cakes and buttercream. And best of all, you'll take your completed work home to share with friends and family.
DetailsDATE: Sunday 29th September 2019
TIME: 10am-4pm (please arrive 15 minutes prior)
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner - Intermediate (please refer to FAQ for more information)
MAXIMUM NO. STUDENTS: 9
* Please ensure that you are able to attend the above date as payment is non-refundable however, booking may be transferred to another name. Please read our full Terms & Conditions prior to booking this workshop.
- Time management & food safety.
- Everything you need to know in order to bake a moist cake that rises TALL and evenly. Avoid burnt sides, messy trimmings AND crumb coating. YAY!
- *Bonus* Famous DTC Chocolate Cake Recipe! The EASIEST, most DELICIOUS and STABLE chocolate cake you'll ever need to make. With only FIVE simple ingredients (eggs, sugar, thickened cream, self-raising flour & cocoa powder), this chocolate cake is the perfect balance between a mud and a sponge cake, not too heavily dense but not too light either making it the perfect building block for buttercream cakes. You can also use the exact same recipe to make cupcakes AND baked donuts. Score!
- Buttercream fundamentals: why buttercream should never be feared, but taken advantage of because of its simplicity and versatility.
- The integral role of each ingredients and temperatures in making and using buttercream.
- DTC Buttercream Recipe. The SILKIEST, most DELICIOUS buttercream that is SO EASY to make. Sturdy enough to hold your cake together and smooth enough to be eaten with a spoon. *This buttercream uses whole eggs.
Working with Buttercream
- How to cut, stack and fill a round cake.
- Colouring buttercream with gel & oil colours: what brands we use and how we use them.
- How to achieve the tallest & straightest cake, just by using your tools correctly. No need for acrylic disks here. We will practice until you get the hang of it!
- How to achieve the smoothest, most flawless buttercream cake with just a few scrapes.
- How to get them razor sharp edges in just two minutes! We use a couple of very simple techniques here and the results will have you feeling confident with every single cake you make in the future.
Fun ways of decorating
- How to make and drip a buttercream cake with chocolate drip.
- How to decorate the cake with miscellaneous items such as edible flowers, chocolates shapes etc.
- Design compositions: the dos and don'ts.
- Many tips and tricks throughout the whole baking & caking process.
- Equipment, tools, cake and ingredients.
- Course booklet including DTC Chocolate Cake & DTC Buttercream Recipes.
- DTC branded folder & DTC personalised certificate of completion.
- Delicious lunch, coffee & tea, refreshments.
Please wear comfortable and closed shoes. Long hair must be neatly tied.
If you have further questions regarding this workshop, please send us an email to email@example.com and we'll be delighted to help.