Concrete cakes are often associated with minimalistic design and masculinity. In this comprehensive, hands on class you will discover the versatility of the concrete cake which can also be styled to exude glamour and femininity. Learn how to create jaw-dropping cakes that are set to wow your audience!
Working with real delicious ingredients and fresh flowers, you will learn revolutionary techniques that will help you recreate DTC’s signature two-tier two-tone concrete cake and take your designer cake game to the next level. This is also a good chance to brush up on your foundation buttercream knowledge as well as practice your sharp edges skills.
You will be able to take home your piece of stunning & delicious work (the whole two tiered cake) to share with friends and family.
DetailsDATE: Sunday 13th October 2019
TIME: 10am-4.30pm (please arrive 15 minutes prior)
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate ( must have completed Buttercream Mastery formerly Buttercream Basics - please refer to FAQ for more information)
MAXIMUM NO. STUDENTS: 6
* Please ensure that you are able to attend the above date as payment is non-refundable however, booking may be transferred to another name. Please read our full Terms & Conditions prior to booking this workshop.
- Refresher on DTC Buttercream & Working with Buttercream. How to render smooth buttercream and achieve razor sharp edges. This is a chance for you to get some extra practice and obtain feedback.
- *Bonus* DTC Red Velvet Cake Recipe! The easiest, most delicious Red Velvet cake you'll need to make. If you love the DTC Chocolate cake (which EVERYONE does!) then this Red Velvet Recipe is no exception. Using the same FIVE core ingredients as the base: eggs, sugar, thickened cream, self-raising flour, cocoa powder, there's NOTHING EASIER and more DELICIOUS.
- How to achieve the innovative DTC concrete buttercream finish in under 2 minutes. Learn the versatility of the concrete design from the creator themselves. Yes, The Concrete Cake Began with DTC!
- How to achieve the two-tone finish with one simple step.
How to structure and stack a tiered buttercream cake, the DTC way. No gaps in between tiers here! Plus our storage and transport tips that will have you feeling confident with every delivery.
Working with Fresh Flowers
- Our cake design process - how we start with an idea and arrive at a design.
- How to work with fresh flowers including preparation, taping, wiring and safe assembly. How to arrange fresh flowers like a professional florist.
- How to apply various metallic elements such as paint splashes and edible leaf foil onto a cake.
Many tips and tricks throughout the whole caking process.
- Equipment, tools, cake and ingredients.
- Course booklet including DTC Red Velvet Cake & DTC Buttercream Recipes.
- DTC branded folder & DTC personalised certificate of completion.
- Delicious lunch, coffee & tea, refreshments.
Please wear comfortable and closed shoes. Long hair must be neatly tied.
If you have further questions regarding this workshop, please send us an email to email@example.com and we'll be delighted to help.